Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am not that person anymore.

Life changes and we change with it. 

Seems obvious. 

What's less obvious is that, because we're along for the ride, we generally don't notice how much we've changed or how. 

I have been looking back, and forward, and at where I am now, trying to figure out a path to where I want to be and who I want to be.  In doing so, I've actually looked at how much I've changed since I was a teenager.

HOLY CRAP.

Oh, there are a lot of things that are still 'me'.  But huge swaths of my personality from then just don't apply any more.  The situations don't arise.  (Possibly because I've become old enough not to put myself in them.)

It's very strange.  Not bad.  But strange.

If I live long enough, will who I am now be as inapplicable to the future me?

No comments: