Saturday, January 21, 2012

SATURDAY EVENING POST/VISITING DIGNITARY BRAD SINOR

ALL RIGHTY GUYS -- The "rain" has let up.  SO I can now post a bonus Visiting Dignitary.  I give to you a wonderful guy and terrific writer.  BRAD SINOR (WILD APPLAUSE AND CHEERING PLEASE).


Hi Brad!  It's been a while, but I hope you and Sue are doing well.  Thanks for stopping by the blog.

I’m glad to be here

So, what have you been up to lately?

Writing like a madman at times. It seems like I finish one story and there are several more that are waiting to be done. I’m currently editing a novella, attempting to get a long delayed collaborative story finished, working on another collaboration (my collaborator just sent me her additions to the manuscript), I have one novel waiting to be edited, another waiting to be finished and I’m researching and outlining another. Spare time? Hmmm…isn’t that between 3:10 and 3:15 a.m.?

Any new projects out? 

I had a new collection of stories come out last year, along with a Where The Shadows Began and Other Stories from Merry Blacksmith Press, along with a bunch of short stories in various anthologies; like the revived Heroes in Hell series

What's your calendar like for the next few months?

I have a story in The Many Faces of Arsene Lupin (Black Coat Press) coming in the next couple of months, I’ll also have a story in the next entry in the Heroes in Hell series, Adventurers in Hell which will be out soon. There are several other things but I don’t have release dates for them yet.

You have a pretty substantial backlist, when did you start writing?

The earliest thing I can remember writing was scripts for comic books when I was in grade school. I started submitting stuff in high school but that all got rejected. Thankfully copies of what I was writing then no longer exist.

Can you give us a link to your full backlist and where we can get copies? I’ll be setting up a new website in the next few months and will have a full bibliography there.

Right now you can find most of my stuff through Amazon. Also if you check the Grantville Gazette website, which is part of the 1632 series created by Eric Flint you will find stories I have done, in collaboration with the highly talented Tracy Morris, in various issues.

If you had to be stuck on a desert island for say, a week, with one of your characters, who would it be and why?

Now that’s a tough one. Probably it would be Lancelot du Lac (yes, the dude from Camelot). I’ve done 5 stories about him and have more planned. Yes, he’s a vampire but I don’t hold that against him. Besides he’s survived for over 1,400 years so he would have to have some serious survival skills, not to mention some really neat stories to tell; he did hang out with King Arthur and Merlin after all!

Who are some of your favorite authors? 

You mean besides myself or Sue? (Grin). Seriously though in SF/Fantasy that would probably be C.J. Cherryh.. In mystery/thriller that would have to Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. In the horror genre Christopher Golden, Brian Keene and Jonathan Maberry.

 What draws you to their work?

They create characters that you care about, that you want to see survive even though the world itself is teetering on the brink, and in some cases has gone over the edge, of totally insanity.

Do you listen to music when you write?  Very rarely.

If so, what?

When I do it’s usually instrumental stuff, Celtic and jazz with a mixture of some movie sound tracks thrown in.

What one bit of advice would you give to aspiring writers? 

Write, write and then go back and write some more. Don’t try to look at a market and see what the hot trend is, write the story that you want to read.

Would it be all right if I post this onto the website I share with Cathy?

Of course.

I have to admit I had huge fun doing The Rosie Hughes Project (for those of you who don't know what it was, I did a "blog ring" with Brad, Sue,  Cathy Clamp, Rachel Caine and Jackie Kessler that was based its very own vampire mythos.  It was a HOOT.  You can follow it by looking in my blog for "The Rosie Hughes Project" and following links). 

I had a blast doing my part of it. Maybe at some point we can come up with a way to do a print version or perhaps an e-book.

What other fun things have you been doing with other authors, if any? 

Actually I am. Sue and I are collaborating on a new story. Tracy Morris and I have started work on the 5th story in a series we are doing, people keep telling me its funny and I credit that all to her.

Will you be at any of the cons this year for appearances?  (Note to readers -- 'Rosie' was cooked up in the computer room of one of the cons.)

Sue and I will be attending ConDFW in Feb., then there will be several cons in May and June.

Thanks so much for coming by.  Hope to see you and Sue soon!


1 comment:

*yadkny* said...

Hi Brad!
You really do sound like a busy guy! Since you're a new to me author I'll definitely be checking out your work... thanks for the intro:)