Friday, December 30, 2011

Stuff.

It's really sad when "sleeping in" is 6:00 a.m.  Nobody told me when I was a kid and wanted to grow up ever so fast that this was part of being a grown-up. 

Got some serious stuff on the schedule today.  First, I have to get cooking on the book.  I had wanted to get it finished by the end of the year, but I sent the first half to my son for a read through (before it goes to the other beta readers) and he had some things he wanted to see, so I had to go back and do some edits.  I think it's stronger, but it did put me behind schedule.

Next, I have to actually PAY for the art for the new launch of the individual website, then revise said website.  And YES I can do websites, but I'm SOOOOOO slow at it.  So it's going to take a big chunk of time. 

AND I need to go through all of the e-mails from my various author friends and put their releaeses on the calendar on the new website, and NAG the other friends who haven't responded. 

And that's just the writing stuff.  The "real" life has all sorts of things that have reached "critical mass."

For example, because of the drought, all summer there was no grass, so no need to mow.  NOW, in DECEMBER we got rain and I have weeds up to my knees that have to be brought low.  Since I refuse to mow in the rain, or the cold, today's going to be a good day to do it.  Weather said sunny and 70ish.  

There's so much more that it depresses me just thinking about it.  So I won't.  I will just take it one step at a time.  And eventually it will all get done, or at least enough of it that I'm not losing my mind over it.

Everybody have a GREAT NEW YEAR!  "Be careful out there."  (Okay, how many of you are old enough to recognize that quote from Hill Street Blues?)

No comments: