Sunday, January 23, 2011

And Life Takes a Sharp Left Turn

Ah life. Never a dull moment. (At least not in mine.)

Two days after I began really settling back in to the house (set up the stereo, re-hung all the drapes and most of the pictures on the wall, repaint the trim, etc.) The landlord stops by. I can either buy back the house or move, because they're needing to sell it.

Well, hell.

This left me with a few options.

But after much thought, prayer, and talking with various folks whose opinions matter to me, I decided. I'll buy it back.

The move to Colorado had stalled anyway. I won't find anything here I like better. There are almost no rentals in the area, I have a history with the bank and can probably get another loan on the property, etc.

I feel pretty good about it.

As to the one-chin project. I fell off the wagon for a few days due to stress and injuries. But I'm back on track. Still at 1.25 chins, but I'm back in the tighter jeans and my bras are much looser (sigh, I always lose in my bust first and most. And it's the LAST place I gain.)

****

General stuff. Had the handyman come out yesterday to help with all of the heavy lifting & stuff I just can't do myself. (Things like hauling away the dead washer, moving the large oak desk from the garage to the office and the dresser from the office to the garage, etc.

He was injured, his truck was giving him trouble, and I really felt bad that he was having to do it. Apparently most of his crew don't work on the weekends. Unfortunately, I have a day job. The only time I can be around and have people do things is on the weekends. Sigh.

Almost everything in this town is scheduled for the unemployed. Seriously. Businesses open after 8:00, close from 12-1, and close before or at 5:00. (Exceptions being fast food, WalMart and the gas stations, grocery and convenience stores.) So, if you want to pay your cable bill in person (say the bill didn't arrive, which happens, because the mail has to go through like four different stops before it comes to Brady), you have to take time off work. The bank opens at 9:00 and closes at 3:00 or 3:30 (fortunately the drive-thru is open until 5:30, so if I really HUSTLE and don't have to stay and do any overtime I can actually go there. BUT everyone else is doing the same thing, so don't be too sure. The post office opens at either 9:00 or 10:00 and closes at 4:30 ON THE DOT. Again, if I have packages that need to be mailed I can either brave the lunch crowd (everyone who works who has to go to the PO during it's open hours. Which generally takes the entire lunch hour, maybe a little more because they usually only have one person on duty at lunch.) or I have to take time off work to go.

It is very, very frustrating.

OH, I thought of something else that's open at night. The liquor store.

You do get used to it. But it is frustrating nonetheless.

Okay, I'm off to get ready and go to church. Have a happy day/week.

Since I'm not doing well at posting daily. I'm going to try for every Sunday. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Well, shoot Cie. Sorry things aren't going better. Life happens, I guess.
Hang in there. Wishing you the best!!!

Tammy S said...

((HUG)) Slipping happens, it's nothing to worry about. Good luck with the house loan. As for posting, we'll take you when we get you.

Shawn said...

It's all for a reason, even if sometimes it seems that the reason is "because it's funny..."

I know all about the small town thing - for a long time, the closest grocery story was fifteen minutes from here and they stocked up once a month and usually had bare shelves the rest of the time. The post office still closes by 1pm here, and until just recently none of the three towns surrounding us had one horse between them. Things are better now - one benefit to rural growth - but some part of me still misses those days.

Anyway, chin up (and congrats on your progress with it!) and I'll see ya soon. Take care, Cie!