Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Interview and SCHTOOF

Okay, had the big interview. I would LOVE the job. I could do the job. Seriously. It's up my alley. Unfortunately, I don't think the interview went nearly as well as I'd like. In this job market you need to "hit a home run." I think I got a "double." I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong (in the positive direction, not the negative thank you.) But there's nothing I can do about it. What's done is done.

Flu is almost gone except for a lingering cough and some head congestion. I know I have to keep taking the meds though. If I don't I'll relapse. Or it will go into bronchitis or pneumonia---neither of which I need.

Oh, and I've decided what I'm going to do with Shannon Rose. Those of you who've been regulars will recall that Shannon Rose was created when I tested the efficacy of "burn phones."

WELL I have a new book idea that needs a protagonist. I do believe that it will be she/her. She will be the surviving twin. Her sister, Sharon, did not fare so well. Very intense idea. Sort of a thriller I think. We'll see. Right now I'm trying to force myself to just write up the notes and a bare outline of the idea and not get tempted away by the siren song of the new idea when I have things I need to finish and more edits headed my way come Tuesday.

ANYWAY, the flu thing had me down and out for a week. NOTHING much got accomplished. This is a bad, bad, thing. I was already behind on stuff. Now I'm inundated. One thing I HAVE to do is laundry. Either that or buy more underwear--which I already did when I was coming down with the flu. So definitely laundry.

Also have to pay a couple of bills that have moved into the critical category.

But life is good.

DUMB question of the day. This is the second issue on which President Obama has called in previous presidents to do something. Previously he called in former President Clinton and BOTH former President Bushes. But he has never, nor does anyone else mention former President Carter. Former President Carter who if I recall correctly has been hugely instrumental in Habitat for Humanity which is all about relief and housing, and works internationally.

I find that sad.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Glad you're doing somewhat better. I caught a cold over a month ago and still have the cough.
Maybe the interview went better than you expected. For other people I'm a glass half fulll kinda of person. So good thoughts.
Yeah, I don't know what's going on the President Carter thing. I know a while back, he made some waves and maybe they figure he's too controversial. But then, so are Bush and Clinton. You'd think we could all pull together.
Good luck with your new idea on Shannon Rose.
BTW, some of the authors I follow are using Twitter and very rarely posting on their blog. I've found I like the blog much better.

Tammy said...

Good luck on the twin story, can't wait to read it!

Glad to hear your starting to feel better, and yeah you'd better keep taking those meds, bronchitis sucks - majorily!

As for ex-Pres Carter, I have no idea what's going on, I thought he'd be a great one for this, but hey what do I know about politics - nothing.

Suzette said...

Clueless about politics...sad but true.