Friday, July 31, 2009

The Word of the Day, THE QUILT, and Random Memories

The word of the day is knontsky. That is what I had to type to get to my own blog. We are now taking suggestions as to the definition of this new and exciting word.

The Kissing Cousin of a nun who skis? Who doesn't?
Kind of Neat October Night SKY?
Suggest your own.

***********************************************
THE QUILT ARRIVED.

It is so freaking gorgeous you won't even believe it. I swear I don't even want to give it away. But it was made to be the "ultimate schwag" prize for a contest. We're now shopping around to figure out where. We're leaning toward RT, but there's also the Brenda Novak charity auction for Juvenile Diabetes.

ANYWAY it is midnight blue and with ice blue, white and gray. It has a wolf's head embroidered in the center with a full moon, also a cobra. The animals have Savorsky (sp?) crystals in their eyes and there are also crystals scattered over the midnight blue sections like stars in the night sky.

SO FREAKING COOL.

I tried to take pictures. They did not turn out or do it justice. We will have to try again. ANYWAY I LOVE MY SISTER!!!

**************************************************

I saw a headline for "odd 911 calls" or some such. It made me remember something. So right here and now I will again thank the Edgewater and Wheat Ridge, Colorado Police Departments.

One of the approximately 9 times I've had pneumonia (weak lungs sucketh, I've had it either 9 or 11 times, I honestly can't remember, but I do have permanent scarring on my lungs) I had a huge fever, felt like absolute dog crap, was stuck in bed and was not going to be able to pick up my teenage son after his event on the far side of town. I leaned over, intending to call the event center and have the director send him home in a cab that I would pay for.

I'd bought my phone from a friend who had upgraded. She had pre-programmed 911 on speed dial. (Very sensible.) Because I was sick, fever ridden, and clumsy, I accidentally speed-dialed 911. OOPS.

Okay, at this point I'm sick, fevered, clumsy AND feeling stupid. But I explain to the nice dispatcher what's up, apologize for taking his time, etc. He was very nice, and wanted to make absolutely sure that I wasn't going to be staying home alone. That I was obviously (boy I must've sounded bad, like Darth Vader on STUPID pills) very ill, and if I didn't have someone to stay with me he was calling an ambulance and I was going into the hospital. I reminded him of the teenage son I'd been trying to call. He said, fine. How soon was my son expected home? I gave him a good guess. So he said he'd send someone to check on me an hour after that.

Sure enough, right on time, the officer came by to make sure I was conscious, alive and actually breathing and that my son had made it home safely to take care of me. The officer said that the dispatcher had been really, seriously worried because of the way I sounded and that it was no trouble for them to check on me, but if I got any worse I really should go to the hospital.

And they called on the phone and checked back again later.

How nice is that?

*****************************************************

As Ellece will tell you, I am a serious fan of anipix. (GRIN). When I am bummed (which is actually fairly often lately because of hormones and circumstances that have nothing to do with writing) they almost always jolly me out of the worst of it.

WELL I went to the LOLcats site and found one that I have now framed and kept (as I have with a couple of Ellece's). It shows a really-seriously annoyed fluffy kitten glaring at the camera. The caption?

DOOM
Now available in fun size.

*****************************************

Okay, enough random for the nonce. I really do need to eat breakfast and get to work. UGH.

Cie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey im back for now im using my friends computer until i get mines fixed. That quilt is hot, i love it!!

Dolly said...

Hi, you still sound a little down. I bet you talk just like you type on your blog don't you. Looking forward to the serial tomorrow. Take Care

Tammy said...

Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a great 911 system there, the one time I accidently hit the wrong speed dial i got informed that i had better be more careful as calling that number and it not being an emergency was subject to fines - good grief, i apologized and everything to but still....

Tammy said...

Take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a great 911 system there, the one time I accidently hit the wrong speed dial i got informed that i had better be more careful as calling that number and it not being an emergency was subject to fines - good grief, i apologized and everything to but still....

C. T. Adams said...

OKAY GUYS --- BIG OOPS!!! Thought I made it clear I was remembering. Not a current illness. Just back when I was in Denver area. I had been reminded by a headline I read this morning and I wanted to thank the police. I think they don't get enough credit.

I'm healthy right now. Depressed a little. But healthy. :)